My Web Page
Software consultant and designer with extensive experience in healthcare information systems. Installed, supported and trained users of applications for provider scheduling and billing.
- Installed and trained clients in the use of scheduling, referral, anesthesia billing and chart tracking software applications for a variety of healthcare provider organizations.
- Created and modified face sheets, reports, variables, claim forms, tapes and files using SQL and the M programming language.
- Analyzed patient flow and made recommendations for scheduling and front desk process improvement at multiple clinics for a major healthcare organization.
- Supported software applications for clients which included large academic medical centers, physician groups, for-profit billing organizations, health plans, and small neighborhood health centers.
- Liaison between technical information services personnel and the end users within Patient Accounts during implementation of hospital registration system, ambulatory patient billing system and upgrade of inpatient billing system. Documented and communicated to the users changes in the systems and developed workflows and procedures related to those changes.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining policy and procedure manuals for Patient Accounts department and training personnel in registration and billing systems, customer service and collections.
- Designed Provider Schedules for the web, including detailed specifications and screen designs.
- Worked with Beta clients performing usability testing and training for Provider Scheduling application
IDX Systems Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts
Software Designer 2001
Installation Consultant 1999 - 2001
Software Analyst 1994 - 1999
Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, Massachusetts
Applications Analyst 1992 - 1994
Procedures and Training Specialist 1988 - 1992